Monday 10 June 2013

Falling and Rising

Welcome. This is my latest (and very late contribution) to Five Minute Friday. Life hasn't been quite going to plan recently and things are still adjusting as I seek to recover from a particularly long M.E relapse. Though not as mentally switched on as I would like to be, I offer my best, poetic 5 minutes on the prompt:'Fall'.

START...

Falling and Rising




Kaleidoscope colours
fall to the ground
with crackle
 and crunch
they make 
a fine sound.

Leaves have 
a season
a reason 
to fall. 

As we watch
they're a tumbling
swirling, twirling
grace-dancing
golden haul.

Reminders of life
delicate 
flesh-bound
resilient and full
with promise
 potential
once lost
never found.

Then caught 
in Love's arms
scooped up
and saved
given new hope
we'll rise
redeemed
from the grave.

Season of grace
Season of light
fully dependent 
on God's insight.

His keeping 
and holding
His tender embrace
unfolding our future
where new dreams 
can take place.

No longer subject
to eternal decay
no longer held
in sin 
or death's sway.

We fall 
into His arms
Forever
to stay.
©JoyLenton2013


STOP


ImageCourtesyofphotosforsouls.com

"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him" ~ Psalm 92:12 - 15


In this Autumn of my life, it has been a season of stepping back a little for me, not one of obvious fruitfulness. Falling and rising describe pretty well life with M.E and the Christian life in general. 

But a lot of our growth takes place in the dark, quiet nights of the soul, in the secret place where God does His work. It will eventually come forth as He gives grace to reveal what was hidden. 


Linking (in a better-late-than-never fashion) with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday. You are very welcome to join in. It's still open for entries!




To stay in touch with my poetry and prose you can link up by Google Friend Connect, following on Twitter, or by liking my Facebook page.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Growth does often take place "in the dark quiet night of the soul." Beautifully worded. Fall has always been my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy!

    What beautiful poetry and imagery! So glad God let me "fall" behind your post in the FMF linky line. I need more than a "season of grace." Always grace.

    "But a lot of our growth takes place in the dark, quiet nights of the soul, in the secret place where God does His work. It will eventually come forth as He gives grace to reveal what was hidden." Lord, I echo Joy's prayer, that You would sweep her off her feet into Your holy embrace. Hold, comfort, and guide Your daughter that clings to You in light or night. Refresh her insights with Your wisdom in the clinging quiet. After her autumn, I ask You to burst forth Your good purpose for Joy's life that she may blossom as spring for You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shannon! I'm so pleased this spoke to you. And I really appreciate the lovely thoughtful prayer. PS:I couldn't even see my post added on or another linked up beside me. As I joined in past number 200 I assumed they didn't show up after that. But I have found yours now! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete